Tuesday, January 19, 2010

oat-i-licious!

Photobucket
Photobucket
good morning.
again i woke up ways to early,so i decided to take advantage 
of this extra time and try a recipe i ve been seeing on many 
f-blogs recently: backed oatmeal.

my version included : eggwhite,rasped apple,raisins,cin&van,
soymilk,oats(of course) and some cin+yog +almonds as topping.

after half an hour waiting,spending most of the time watching
 oven window and getting almost high by the "perfume" filling
 my kitchen,i could finally eat my first baked-o

marvelous!  

it reminded me so much on a german pastry i used to love (:/) :
apfelstrudel aka. applestrudel.
Photobucket
sweet memories of the (to far away) past: 
winter-ski-snowboardholidays,after spending all day on the 
skipists,my little bro and i used to enjoy a big cup of hot-chocolate 
& an even bigger piece of warm,freshly baked applestrudel. 
so good memories,but right now i wouldn't be able to do that
again...why??  but i m gonna challenge myself this year! i m 
going to switzerland in february,skiholiday,the first time since 
a long time.already now i freaking about the way i gonna have 
to eat,i am already checking all the menues of the 
restaurant(disturbed!)

i just hope i might be able,just for those few days,to not 
worry so much about food,to simply enjoy it like the others 
do ,and have a great holiday!

my aims: first of all i m gonna start RIGHT now, to eat more,
to gain some weight,because otherwise i won t even be able 
to snowboard...:/
i m gonna have this damn piece of strudel AND enjoy it
i m not gonna count calories or make mealplans during that 
week i m gonna chose food i like,and not safe food

writting it down here,i feel so optimistic,and it seems so 
easy,after all this are things most of the people do naturally!...
but i know it's gonna be hard...but i don't want my ed to ruin 
my holidays again! life's to short,and i ve already so much 
missed,and it might be one of the last holidays i spend with my 
family so i should really make an effort.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! It's how I found yours :) Your baked oatmeal looks absolutely delicious... I've been meaning to try it for a long time now... someday I'll get around to making it ;)

    That's so awesome that you're going to Switzerland to snowboard! I snowboard too, but haven't been able to in a long time because of my ED =\ Just more reason to get better though, right? :)

    That strudel looks SO good... enjoy it and don't feel guilty! Feel good!

    ReplyDelete